Friday night biathlon - members only :-(

A board for discussing the latest race events.

Friday night biathlon - members only :-(

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm

I just jumped onto the HTC website to check out the Friday night biathlon dates for this summer, only to discover it is now members only.

After enjoying a few of the races earlier in the year and keenly anticipating a few Friday night pain-fests, I'm a bit disappointed. As a NSTC member I'm not overly keen on joining a second tri club.

Why the change in policy?
Paul
User

Postby SHTark » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Paul,

As per the note on the website, you don't have to be a member for your first two, so you are more than welcome tonight.

Also, for your situation, where you are a member of another club, you can join HTC as an affiliate member which is just $20, rather than the $50 for a full membership.

The idea behind the change was that the aquathlons are actually a club training session and we wanted to emphasise that and give members some value for their membership while still allowing visitors/potential-members to give it a try. It also makes the logistics of the night easier when we don't have to worry about entry fees etc. and makes things a little clearer for insurance purposes as well.

I hope you can make it tonight or to the next one in a fortnight.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Train Hard, Race Harder, Party Hardest!!
SHTark
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks Adrian for the explanation.

The affiliate membership sounds perfect.

I won't be able to make tonight's, and I'm running the Great North Walk 100 Mile on 12-13 Nov, but I hope to make it for future editions.

Apologies if my initial post sounded too criticial or a whinge, as it certainly wasn't intended as such.
Paul
User

Postby SHTark » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 pm

No worries, Paul. Glad that suits.

Certainly nothing too critical about your initial post. Partially my fault anyway for not fully explaining the situation on the website.

Look forward to seeing you later in the season.
Train Hard, Race Harder, Party Hardest!!
SHTark
Site Admin

Return to Triathlon and other race events