2009 HTC Awards Night & 10 Year Celebration update

For everything & anything not involving racing, training or classifieds

2009 HTC Awards Night & 10 Year Celebration update

Postby Catherine » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Okay everyone, I have just heard that Stoney, our club president may be singing the Rod Stewart classic "Tonights the night" on the Awards night. This would be a one off exclusive performance, never to be repeated again so if there is one reason not miss out on the 2009 HTC Awards night, this is it.

As mentioned previously, the Awards night is not just about celebrating our sporting achievements but it is also an opportunity to celebrate and thank everyone for the support provided to the club over the past season. It doesn't matter whether you are new to the club, an old timer or whether you have been in hibernation for the past season. Come along and meet some new people or catch up with old friends.

It's not too late to reserve your seat. This is all you have to do:

To confirm your attendance, send a reply post to

catherinehume@optusnet.com.au advising name and number of guests. Please also kindly deposit your payment ($35.00 adults $15.00 children under 15 yrs) into the following bank account:

Account name: Hornsby Triathlon Club

Bank: Commonwealth Bank

BSB: 062-308

Account no:2802 9077

Just a reminder that the Awards night & 10 Year Celebration is being held at the Pennant Hills Bowling Club on Sat night 27 June at 6.30pm. A buffet dinner will be served at 7.15pm.

Hope to see you there.
Catherine
User

Postby Lisa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Neville, the girls & I wouldn't miss it!
Lisa
User

Postby Catherine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Please note that there was an error in my previous post regarding the cost of the meal for children attending the Awards night. The cost for children under 15 yrs is $20.00 and not $15.00 as previously advised.

Apologies for the confusion.
Catherine
User

Postby Catherine » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:13 pm

There’s a rumor going around that there is a theme for the dress code for the Awards night on Saturday night. Let me put an end to all the intrigue and suspense.

When our illustrious and talented Awards night committee met recently, a number of ideas were proposed regarding a fancy dress theme. These ideas included:

• Favourite professional sports star
• Famous movie stars
• Cowboy theme (Neville and Clynt's suggestion)
• Favourite member of the famous 1980’s band KISS (highly favoured by Nev)
• Famous sporting couple (Brad’s suggestion …….Brad was excited about the Andre Agassi and Stefi Graf thing)

And so the suggestions continued to flow freely late into the night when a consensus was finally reached. You will be pleased to know that it involves none of the above.

So what is the theme I hear you ask? Well, I’m sure you’ve got your outfit planned already but how about shoozing things up a bit with perhaps a hat (such as the tartan beret that has been passed down through the generations or the one you purchased to wear on Oaks Day at Royal Randwick) or that lovely scarf you’ve just spent the last 3 winters knitting and it’s finally finished (even if it does have a few holes in it) or those funky sunglasses or wig or that lovely velvet flower that you last wore on your lapel or in your hair to the year 10 formal. Start searching through the wardrobe. Who knows what you will find. There’s no limit when it comes to accessorising for the big night – a bit like getting your bike ready for tomorrow’s race.

If by chance you experience an “accessorising dilemma”, don’t panic. Just post your question on the forum under general chat and a member of the Awards night Committee will respond promptly.

Kind regards and happy accessorising

HTC 2009 Awards night Committee
Catherine
User

Postby SHTark » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Looking forward to the 'neck up' accessorising!!

If anyone has photos they took during the season, feel free to bring them along on the night on a USB stick and we'll add them to the slideshow.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Train Hard, Race Harder, Party Hardest!!
SHTark
Site Admin

Postby Catherine » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:17 am

I like that description Adrian :lol:
Catherine
User

Postby Stephen Lennox » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am

I even had a haircut for the occasion, maybe I should have had some blonde streaks at the same time or Red and Black extensions. 8)
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades
Stephen Lennox
User

Postby Catherine » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Not long to go now until the night of nights!

We have some fantastic items up for auction at the Awards night on Saturday including men’s and women’s Linebreak Compression pants and socks (Neville will be modeling these garments on the night so you will be able to see just how fantastic they look) and an Aquabliss swim pass to keep you motivated during winter or to kick start your summer training. There will also be lucky draw prizes and some games (which require a gold coin entry fee) through out the course of the evening.

So don’t forget to bring some coinage and notes. You just never know what you will walk away with at the end of the evening.
Catherine
User

Postby Catherine » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 pm

We are only 2 sleeps away from our big night. If you are attending the Awards night but are still yet to pay, you have until Friday 5pm to send your payment through as per the directions on the HTC website forum (refer “General Chat” thread). Please forward payment confirmation details to catherinehume@optusnet.com.au

Please note that to assist with the organisation of the Awards night and to assist Pennant Hills Bowling Club, I am unable to accept payment of any type (ie. cash, cheque or credit card) on the night of the awards. Thank you for your cooperation.

I hope you are all looking forward to a great night.
Catherine
User

Return to General Chat